Jan 14, 2007

Paris, je t`aime

Movie pretends to be a masterpiece. Many people told it’s gonna be WOW.
Yes, it’s not a premiere any more, and I had too many expectations.

9.00 performance, the cheapest price ever, my favorite cinema near Moscow zoo. All these lead to an exciting morning.

***

2 hours passed and I can say. I liked it. 16 love stories made by different directors in the city of love, what is more romantic?

However there was something that irritated me. Today I realized what it was.

The message of the movie is obvious. Paris is the city of love, and everyone will find his/her love here, whoever you are: girl, guy, old woman, ugly man or even vampire!

Everyone goes to Paris and finds love! So simple. A good hope for someone who is looking for a love affair. The same thing like to believe in power of astrology, lets say Cancer and Sagittarius are not suitable for each other. What a naivety!

So, what do a movie suggest to the lonely person? Go and sit in the café waiting for a handsome guy or beautiful girl for 2 days until waiter stares at you? :)
OK, even if you meet him/her, nice news. Yet everyone can find his/her love in Paris, it’s easy, but try to do this in Moscow!
Look, these things don’t work with me. I would not go to Paris to find my love, and not because of the fact that I already found it 3 years ago.

It’s just too fondly :)

Another point I was thinking about is the duration of this easy love.
If you don’t put much efforts into the searching process (and the movie proves this fact!) you may loose it with the same speed as you found it! And, of course, in the same city :)

So, good luck!

It’s said “Paris, I love you!” Probably, people love Paris because it helped them to find their love. And now they love their city, and they made a nice movie about it.

…Meanwhile I am sleeping in the elbow-chair in the cinema. Luckily, vampires fall in love and start shouting – I am waking up. What’s the next story?

Coming back to important: WHY did they make this movie? To invite more people to the 'beautiful city'? To prove the stereotype about Paris? To bring some hope to a lonely person?

...At least I enjoyed French language :)

1 comment:

Alexander Annaev said...

Hi Katya! I don't agree that the message of the film is "Go to Paris and find your life there!". I think it's just about enjoying simple moments of life wherever you are. Life could be diverse: divorces, childbirth, death, etc. but it's so interesting. After the film I went to Tretyakovskaya District. It was snowing, people were smiling, there was bell ring from a chirch. I was so excited!